Thursday 17 October 2013

Lip Butter Bandwagon

From reading a number of beauty blogs I came across the Revlon Lip Butters which have been raved about by many. This brilliant lip product comes in a wide range of colours and the creamy texture is not quite a lip stick nor a gloss - I'd describe it as a cross between a lip stick and balm with the shine of a lip gloss. The lip butters are moisturising and easy to apply - even without a mirror when needs be!


I have collected five of these lip butters so far but am sure I'll be adding more to my collection soon! I own the above shades and my first buys were the shades strawberry shortcake and tutti frutti which remain personal favourites.




(Tried to sort the sample pictures below to appear in the order they do in the images above but with no luck! Will work these things out in time I hope!)

Right - Tutti Frutti 015 is an orange/coral shade which looks rather scarily bright in the tube but is in fact very wearable.

Below - Strawberry Shortcake 080 is a pale pink shade which I recently purchased as felt I needed a paler pink in my collection. Looks nice with smokey eye makeup.
 

Above - Macaroon 096 is a rosy pink colour which is perfect for everyday wear and looks nice when paired with brown eye makeup.

Left - Sweet Tart 090 is a gorgeous bright pink shade which like Tutti Frutti looks scarier in the tube than when on the lips. I love this shade!

Right - Candy Apple 035 is a soft red shade which can be built up for a more striking look. That is something I love about these lip butters - you can apply lightly for a glossy but colourful look or build up the product for a more dramatic look.





I find I reach for these lip butters over most of my other lipsticks/glosses and although you do have to re-apply after a few hours they are so easy to apply its not too much trouble. The Revlon lip butters retail for £7.99 but are often on offer (which is dangerous as I am always that much more inclined to nab some more!)

What do you make of the lip butters? Xx

4 comments:

  1. Colors look amazing and if they're really moisturising I'm definitely gonna need one for this season! xx

    www.magdalennes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the colours are so lovely and not so scary due to the formula! Even for daytime the brighter colours work :) xx

      Delete
  2. These look cute and not too glossy.

    http://thevulgariangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they have just the right amount of gloss :) xx

      Delete