Tuesday 22 October 2013

Summer Loving (beauty edition)

 
 
 
Although I didn't go away this summer on holiday, I did treat myself to a few new beauty products (I normally stick to the same tried & tested products which does save time and money as you know what works for you personally but it isn't half as fun as trying new things!)
 
I discovered some of these products on beauty blogs and I really find this a great method of finding out about the latest products and whether they are worth buying!
 
Elemis fresh skin - skin clear mattifying moisturiser £20

 
I first had this moisturiser as a sample size which came free with Glamour magazine back in March. I used it all up and was toying whether to buy the full product (as it's not the cheapest moisturiser out there!) however after I finished using the sample size and wasn't using any moisturiser, I noticed a difference in my skin and felt blemishes were more noticeable. I also liked the fresh, citrusy scent of the moisturiser and decided to treat myself to the 50ml bottle. I'm glad I did as I feel this product works for my skin and Elemis state their fresh skin range is aimed at younger skin which I feel is a positive factor as with the huge range of moisturisers available its hard to know which will suit you and some of the products aimed at the more mature age range may not suit younger (and often spot prone) skin. 


Bourjois -  Bronzing Primer £9.99

This product has been featured on many blogs and I have jumped on the bandwagon! This primer comes in a 'universal shade' so should suit everyone. I tend to wear this under my foundation but it can be mixed with foundation instead or used as a bronzer/contour. I like the light, creamy consistency of the primer and it adds a nice glow (not just for summer but now autumn is here). The lid states the primer has an 'addictive fragrance' and whilst it is a nice scent I have to admit I'm not sat here smelling it excessively like an addict! (although I have probably done this with other products...)



Sleek - Blush in Rose Gold £4.49

This bargain blush has just the right amount of shimmer and can be built up for a stronger colour (as its not the most vibrant shade with one swish of your blusher brush.) The image above doesn't show its true beauty however along with the Sleek eye-palettes, I find I have to use my teeth to open the case as its not so easy and can chip your nails quite easily!  Having said this, I am now tempted to try some more Sleek blushes as for £4.49 you can't go wrong really!

 

Essie - Nail Varnish in Fiji £7.99

I usually wear an array of different colours on my nails but happened to see this popular shade standing all on its lonesome at Boots so thought I'd give it a try (and provide it with some company!). Fiji is a white/pale pink shade which looks smart for everyday/work wear. I have been impressed with its lasting power and although I have had a few chips, on the whole the polish lasts about 4 days before any really noticeable chips appear.

MUA - Undress your Skin Shimmer Highlighter £3

This purchase was another case of "it's on its own its lonely/it must be a good product!". I had been looking at highlighters for a while when I spotted this highlighter at Superdrug. This product is a real bargain although judging by online reviews it is rather hard to come by. I use this product on my cheekbones, under the eyebrows and down my nose. I will use it in the daytime but I often save highlighter for evening looks (as the Sleek blush above is quite shimmery). This highlighter is highly pigmented and an absolute bargain at £3.

 
So there we are - although not necessarily summer products, the items above have all been purchased this summer and I will happily carry on using them (and buy many more beauty products I'm sure.... what was I saying about tending to stick to my favourite/tried & tested products?!) Xx 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment